Wait List Application
The 2017-2018 Enrolment process has begun and will continue until all available spaces have been filled! We thank you for your patience during this time!
WAITLIST IS CLOSED FOR CHILDREN BORN IN 2012
WE ARE ACCEPTING WAIT LIST APPLICATIONS FOR CHILDREN BORN 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
The Montessori Daycare Society maintains a wait list. To be added to the MDCS waitlist please download the waitlist application form and mail it with the non refundable application fee of $75.
A PDF version of our Wait List Application form can be downloaded below.
Please make cheques payable to Montessori Daycare Society or (MDCS).
Wait list applications and non-refundable fee can be deposited into our mail-box outside our building, in a sealed envelope. Please DO NOT give wait list applications to the staff as they are very busy caring for the children!
For those preferring to mail their applications, please send them to:
The Montessori Daycare Society
2091 West 8th Avenue
Once your waitlist application form and cheque is processed your child will be officially placed on the waitling list and you will be notified through email.
The Montessori Daycare Society (MDCS) will offer an available space for a child to enroll in the program based first on the child’s waitlist priority group and second on the date the child’s complete application was received.
The Executive Director retains discretion to fill spaces to achieve gender balance and an appropriate distribution of ages, which is necessary for the proper functioning of the Montessori program.
All spaces at the MDCS are full time only. If a child does not require full time care but selects to attend MDCS they will be charged the full monthly rate. No part time spaces are available.
Children will be accepted into MDCS Primary Montessori Program from the age of 3 years. Children younger than 3 years will be considered for the Primary Montessori Program on an exception basis at the discretion of the Executive Director.
● The Executive Director will define the dates when families can add their names to the waiting list.
● The required waiting list fee amount will be set every year by the Executive Director as part of the annual budgeting process and should be posted/communicated accordingly.
● There are three waitlist tours scheduled each school year (mid-November, February and May). These tours are open to anyone interested in enrolling their child(ren) and do not need to be on the waitlist prior to the tour. Families already on the waitlist will be contacted about the next available waitlist tour. This is not a mandatory tour, although recommended.
● After the tour those who wish to apply to the waitlist can do so by filling out a waitlist application and paying a non-refundable waitlist fee.
● The application is not considered complete until after the non-refundable fee is received.
● Once the application is processed an email confirmation will be sent out stating the child(ren) is on the waitlist.
● The children on the waiting list are categorized into the groups listed below which are prioritized and offered spaces in the order listed.
The wait list groups in order of priority are as follows:
1. Children currently enrolled in the same centre where the space is vacant
2. Siblings of children currently enrolled in either MDCS Program
3. Children of staff irrespective of the Program within which the member of staff works
4. Siblings of children who have attended the daycare that are no longer in attendance (Alumni)
5. First come first serve (New families / children)
● Families who are offered a space will be expected to respond within 24 hours in order to accept the space. It is therefore important for families to contact the daycare if their contact information changes while they are on the waiting list.
● Final confirmation of a space will require a non-refundable deposit equivalent to a one month daycare services fee.
Toilet training: Being toilet trained is a sign of developmental readiness for preschool. The staff will be happy to support families with the process of toilet training if a child is not completely trained before entering the daycare.
Health issues: Children are required to be healthy enough to go outdoors each day and participate fully in our daily program.
Vaccinations: Parents must provide proof of inoculation before the child enters the program. The parents of non-vaccinated children should contact the Executive Director for further information.
Volunteering: Parents are required to volunteer at least three hours a month.
|MDCS Waitlist Application Form||31.07 KB|